OQ8 is a Joint Venture (JV) between OQ and Kuwait Petroleum International (KPI). This strategic partnership between OQ and KPI has been established in the incorporation of OQ8, based in Duqm located in the South East Al Wusta Governorate of the Sultanate of Oman. This gives the project a strategic maritime location and a competitive advantage being in the path of international shipping lines in the Indian Ocean and the Arabian Sea thus easing the process of transport in and out of the region.
Once commissioned, the refinery will have the capacity to process around 230,000 barrels of crude oil per day. Diesel, jet fuel, naphtha and LPG are to be its primary products.
Once the refinery is completed, it will have the capacity to process around 230,000 barrels of crude oil per day. Diesel, jet fuel, naphtha and LPG are to be its primary products.
To be recognized as a world-class refinery business, dedicated to delivering outstanding oil products to customers around the world, and in turn fueling economic growth in Duqm as well as making a significant contribution to Oman’s future prosperity.
In order to achieve our vision, our mission will be to:
- Produce and deliver the finest quality products in a way that always exceeds our customer’s expectations.
- Pursue excellence in every facet of the business.
- Provide safe, environmentally sensitive and efficient products and services.
- Develop and implement world-class training and career development programmes.
- Provide employment opportunities to outstanding individuals who share our vision.
- Uplift communities by being a major contributor to regional development.
Our core values define our operating philosophies that guide our organizational conduct. They define who we are and how we will operate. The following are the core values we have established as behavioral cornerstones of our organizational culture: